Why seek counseling?
Therapy could be helpful and change your life by:
- Increasing energy and improving self-esteem
- Facilitating positive communication in relationships
- Making transitions easier
- Using and learning relaxation techniques
- Understanding how to increase positive feelings
- Having a safe place to share your feelings and solve problems
- Improving your decision-making skills
Therapy could be helpful to your child / adolescent by:
- Learning social skills and improving friendships
- Teaching cooperation, communication, and organizational skills
- Making choices after thinking through the consequences
- Increasing grades and positive behaviors in school
- Relaxing and learning ways to cope positively with worries
- Being able to look ahead positively to the future
Therapy could be helpful for your family to promote:
- Increased understanding of other family members
- Better ways to cope with conflict
- New ways to constructively cope with transitions
Therapy could be helpful to you as a parent to:
- Understand how to set limits in a positive way
- Guide you to reinforce positive change in your child
- Increase consistency with rules and consequences
- Facilitate communication with your child
- Improve communication and agreement in co-parenting
What To Expect
When you come in for an initial appointment, it is an opportunity to spend an hour discussing who you are, what you like about your life, and what you would like to change. I believe by learning about your history and your strengths, I am able to understand how to help you make changes and choices that will enrich your life.
Understanding who you are overall, in many areas of your life, is important for me to help facilitate change. The first meeting is an opportunity to learn whether you could feel comfortable working with me, as a team, to improve your life. Your motivation to change is a very important part of the process.
I look forward to the opportunity to meet you and help you on your journey to a more postive and healthy lifestyle.